Friday, March 7, 2014

First card purchase of the new baseball year.

Well today I stopped by my local Target store & decided to buy my first box of cards for the coming up baseball season. I delayed on getting started on adding cards as I've been investing most of my funds trying to stock up on new baseballs & other supplies for the coming up season. However I finally picked up a quick box & I found to like series 1 this year a bit better than last years. This box came with a manufactured patch card in every box so I thought that was pretty cool.


My first pull from the box was a 1955 manufactured commemorative rookie patch card of the great Roberto Clemente. Clemente was a great person both on and off the field, so I thought it was awesome to get such a nice card of a great man.

  

After ripping through all the other packs I managed to get some pretty nice inserts. The future is now insert cards of Jurickson Profar, Mike Trout, Jose Fernandez & Yoenis Cespedes are probably my most favorite that I got. I also pulled a pair of upper class inserts of Jacoby Ellsbury & Freddie Freeman, along with super veteran inserts of Adrian Beltre & C.C. Sabathia.



The last couple of inserts I pulled were a 50 years of the draft card of Derek Jeter & a mini insert of recent Hall of Famer Greg Maddux. I'm not too big of a fan of this years minis as I preferred last years design much more but no biggie. The last card worth showing is the red foil card of David Ortiz  & the Boston Red Sox from last years World Series. Compared to the base version, the red foil looks much better. That about sums up the better cards as the rest were just base cards & coming from target a bunch of red parallels & a gold one of Josh Beckett. Thanks for reading & all the cards are available for trade if anyone is interested in acquiring any.

No comments:

Post a Comment